Tuesday, July 29, 2008

She's becoming a Texan!

Last week I was having a conversation with Breanna about her friends. She has a few really good girl friends and has one really good boy friend (you know what I mean). Ethan, her friend who is the boy, lives close to us and they have known each other ever since we have lived here. She loves playing with Ethan and they don't seem to have any problem thinking of things to play even though Bree is a girl and he is a boy. They usually play "destroy the enemy" with their webkinz or somthing along that line, but they dance and stuff too.

Breanna was telling me that she sometimes gets into fights with her girl friends ( I know this isn't much of a surprise for those who have girls). But then Breanna said to me, "Ethan is my only friend I have never fitten with." I thought it was funny and I told Ethan's mom what Breanna had said.

Ethan's mom commented that Breanna is turning into a true Texan. Wow, I guess maybe she is. I wouldn't be surprised if "fitten" is a word here in Texas. I could imagine some cowboy saying something like, "I ain't fitten with them there longhorns fer a while now. But I'm sure fixin' to soon." Texas really is its own little world.

So mom (grandma Soda) is fitten a word here in Texas?

1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

I am sure it is a word, when you live in the south/midwest they tend to have their own language.