Thursday, August 28, 2008

A little bit longer

We've been struggling to keep Joshua's blood sugars in control for the past couple of weeks. This week during school has been especially bad. We go through this every year at the start of school, but it doesn't make it any easier really. This morning he woke up in the 300's, was in the 200's by morning snack, and was in the 60s by lunch. Yesterday was about the same, but his highs and lows were at different times. I probably worry about Joshua much more than I should, but I guess it is the mother in me.

Anyway, all this has been on my mind so as I was on the computer I was thinking about the upcoming walk to cure diabetes on October 25th. Jason and I have discussed making t-shirts that say "team Josh" on them and giving them to his friends. We want to have a group of his friends go to Fort Worth and walk with him. We think that would be a fun time for him.

As I was looking up the link to the JDRF site (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) I came across a site that talked about Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers (a very popular young singing group, especially to the young ladies, for you grandparents that aren't quite up to date with the latest singing groups). He was diagnosed with diabetes about three years ago. I didn't know this. I was reading about him and it was really inspiring and comforting to see other children go on to do such great things despite their diabetes.

This month a new single that Nick Jonas wrote was released. It is called "A Little Bit Longer". He wrote it about his diabetes. I put this song on our playlist at the top, so if you want to listen, just scroll to the top and select the first track. Here are the words for those who want to know what he says.

Got the news today Doctor said I had to stay
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
When I thought it all been done
When I thought it all been said
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
But you don't know what you got 'till it's gone
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And everytime you smile, you laugh, you glow
You don't even know, know, know
You don't even know
All this time goes by, still no reason why
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
Waitin' on a cure,
but none of them are sure
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
[chorus]
[chorus]
Yeah! Oh! Yeah! Ohh! Yeah yeah! You don't even know, oh!
So I'll wait 'till kingdom come
All the highs and lows are gone
A little bit longer and I'll be fine I'll be fine

They always say that being a mother brings the most joy to your life but can also bring the most heartache. I have to agree. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything though!!!

No comments: