One activity the girls made cute napkin rings and cards to give their mothers at the dinner. We also taught them about etiquette and table settings etc. All the girls served their mothers and were on best behavior.
We started the night with pictures (I'll post those later) of the moms and daughters together.
Then we had a nice dinner with chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, fruit, salad and a nice cookie, which were also the centerpieces, for dinner.
Both the moms and the girls filled out papers with several questions to see how well they knew their moms/daughters. We had a great time reading the answers. I must say, Bree did a pretty fabulous job and knows me quite well.
The only problem with this wonderful night was that I am a complete nut case. You'd think since I helped plan this whole evening and worked on it for two days straight, that I would remember a simple thing like dressing in Sunday best! Oh no! Bree and I showed up in our denim shorts while the rest of the group was in their Sunday best. A bit on the embarrassing side I will admit. Since we live 15 minutes away from the church we couldn't just pop home and change.
My embarassed daughter is hiding behind her flower.
Poor, poor Bree. She was really embarrassed. Hopefully someday she'll laugh at what a mess her mother is, but still love me all the same.
1 comment:
Looks like a fun night! Loved the cute flower cookies!
Post a Comment