
We had a treat this weekend. It was our stake conference and we got to opportunity to have a general authority and a member of the seventies come to our stake. Can you guess which general authority came from the picture Breanna drew of him during conference on Sunday.
Well I'll help you out if you can't tell. It was Elder Quentin L. Cook. He told us that if the general authorities went out every weekend to stake conferences, it would work out that every stake would only see a general authority every 28 years. So we were really excited to have him here in Texas.
Jason went to a priesthood leadership session at 4 on Saturday and was able to save seats for the adult session that night at 7. He got the front row :) That is so unlike Jason, but I guess that is the only row not occupied, so he took it. It was so crowed that we were really lucky to be close. It was pretty cool to be only feet away from him. Since we were so close to him we got to shake his hand afterwards too.
On Sunday we had to go to our building to watch conference from a broadcast from the stake center. There were way too many wards for us all go to the stake center (we have 14 wards in our stake). But after the regular session they had a special one hour session for the youth of the stake at the stake center. All youth leaders got to go too, but not parents. Lucky for us, both Jason and I work with the youth so we got to go. We took Breanna with us too (we got permission from the bishop). Josh got to squeeze in on the front row for the youth session. Jason, Bree and I had to sit in the very back (leaders had to sit way in the back).
After it was over Elder Cook said he'd love to shake every one's hand but he had to catch a plane so he could only shake a few. Josh was up front so he was able to get a hand shake no problem. As soon as the prayer was over Bree made a b-line all the way from the back to the front to shake his hand. I didn't think she would make it through everyone, but somehow she squeezed her way up front. She was so excited. It would have been a sad day in our home if everyone had had the opportunity to shake his hand but Bree. So needless to say I was relieved.
The adult session and the youth session were my favorites. I won't go into detail about what both Elder Cook and Elder Wright (the member of the seventies) talked about because there was a lot, but it was really neat to feel the spirit as they talked. Both Jason and I have had a lot of concerns about our kids (doesn't everyone) and their schools and friends. I have been praying for answers to some questions and it was wonderful to hear their counsel for us parents. It was just what I needed to hear.
Anyway, it was a great family weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment