Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Who's up for some running?

Last Saturday Jason, my running buddy, CarieAnn, and I ran a 1/2 marathon in Dallas. This was Jason's second but it was my first. The weather was really great. It was in the low 40s the whole run. The only problem was the wind which blew pretty hard off the lake we ran around. The news said it was 10-20 mile hour winds and it picked up as the race went on. It was especially hard the whole last mile when we had to turn from running with the wind to running uphill directly into head on winds. I felt great up to that last mile which took it out of me.

Jason ran a great time. He got 1:43 which was a 7:52 min. mile. He wanted to get under 8 min. miles so he did fabulously. He got 109 overall out of 1138 people.

I ran it in 1:59:28 which is about 9:06 min. miles. I was hoping to get under 10 min. miles at first, but when I felt so good going my 9 min pace I decided I really wanted to get 2 hours or under, so I felt really good about it.

We were both a bit achy for a couple of days but nothing that a couple of Advil wouldn't cure:) I have to say that I don't really want to do a full marathon though. I can't imagine going twice the distance I did. I know I'm a wimp.
before

after



1 comment:

corrychronicles said...

Way to go Becky, that is so awesome you did a half, and you did GREAT!