Friday, June 20, 2008

13 blissful years!




















Thirteen years ago at this time I was waking up on the couch at my parents house (yeah I slept on the couch, but that is what happens when you are a middle child, ha ha) getting ready for the BIG day. I was the picture of pure calm. I wasn't nervous at this time at all. I think all my nerves hit me when I was in the temple and they took me to Jason in a separate room to talk before we were married. I pretty much fell apart. I think I cried from that point until well after we were done with the ceremony. Jason tells me he thought "great, she's getting cold feet and is going to back out".


















I can tell you that never crossed my mind. I just couldn't keep my emotions under control, which is pretty much the norm for me anyway (thanks dad!). It was a great day, maybe a bit stressful (OK a lot stressful), but it was still great.

It always amazes me when I look back and think of everything that has happened since that day. We've been through a lot, good and bad. But it has been great to do these things together.

So, HAPPY 13TH ANNIVERSARY, JASE! I LOVE YOU!!!!


You've got to love these pictures (sorry about the scanning quality), very 90's. How old do we look, like 16? Ah, the good old days. I remember I chopped my hair off really short on the way to our honeymoon.

This picture is from our picture taking session for our wedding announcements. We were very stylish I must say. I have always amazed myself at my sense of style.

I think my sister Kari has always been amazed too (you should see the fabulous bride's maid dresses I picked, acutally I won't show them, you'll all just have to imagine them, or try and remember if you were there). She's just jealous, really. :)

1 comment:

Therese said...

becky, i had forgotten your blog went private, but tonight i remembered and caught up on everything that's been going on. i'm so v pleased to read about joshua's good health. and seeing these photos (13 yrs ago??? seems like yesterday!) was so much fun and brought back so many memories. i think i was in ny the summer you were married but i do remember visiting you and jason in your trailer near usu. i miss you and i think you should come and stay with me and visit me in london as soon as you can. so think about it... please tell jason i've proposed this b/c i know he would encourage you to do this. xoxo