Joshua had cub scout day camp every day this week. Lucky me, I got to be there four of the days. They did everything from skating to archery to bb shooting. We actually planned it with another ward rather than doing the local council day camp. We had forty boys to keep track of, so it was definitely a challenge.
All the boys seemed to have a great time though, so I guess it doesn't matter if the adults were going crazy.
Joshua loved everything except the skating which I wasn't surprised about. He is a bit on the cautious side so he didn't want to slip and fall on the ground. I was surprised at the fact that there were several boys that were just like Joshua. So I didn't feel bad about his not wanting to skate much.
I had to teach a map and compass class. A friend of mine helped me set up a small orienteering course at the park we were at one of the days. I thought it was fun, but I don't know about the boys so much (they wanted to get to the rocket building and launching). Oh well, I tried.
Breanna had a good time this week going to bible school at a local Baptist church. The lady that was going to watch Breanna all week while I went to day camp with Josh was putting her daughter in bible school so Breanna got to go along.
You have to hand it to some of these churches around here, they know how to throw a big bash. Most of these churches have a week long bible school sometime during the summer and they make huge productions of them.Breanna made crafts, learned bible stories, learned some good ol' Christian rock songs about the shifting sands of today's world (hence the beach theme in the picture) , played games, ate snacks and had quite a good time. You obviously don't have to be a member of their church to go to these bible schools. They would probably be surprised at how many Mormon kids go to their bible schools, actually.
Well it was a hectic week but now we can relax for the remainder of the summer.
1 comment:
Looks like she had lots of fun. I remember going to Vacation Bible School with my friends every summer, we always looked so forward to it.
Post a Comment