Sunday, December 14, 2008

Everything is bigger in Texas

So I am the activity chairperson for our ward. I never had any idea how involved this calling had to be...until I was doing our Christmas party.

We usually combine our decorations with another ward who shares our building. That way, we have more man power and help planning the party. One ward will have their party on Friday night and the other will have it on Saturday night.

I am all about simplicity and ease. Unfortunately (maybe fortunately I don't know) the other ward was not on the same page. They are amazing when it comes to decorations. Their parties (I used to be in this ward and loved it, by the way) are always very festive and very well decorated. So my last two weeks have been a bit of a nightmare trying to get everything coordianted for this ward party (the decorations were only a part of the stress). Luckily I have a great committee that stepped up and did so much.

Well as the title suggests, everything is bigger in Texas, including ward Christmas parties.
Let me take you on a tour through our Christmas party.

First, you enter the main doors:














Second: You come to the foyer where the Abomidable snowman and Rudolph live (there was also an igloo entrance that I somehow forgot to take a picture of).


















Next you enter the "winter wonderland" or cultural hall as many call it. You can see the draped lights, but you can't see the walls which are completely covered with blue paper and snowflakes. Also, the stage where Santa showed up is in the far background.











I had to take a few close-ups of our centerpieces. They were all different but were all similar to these three.







Well there you have it folks. The Woodland Springs ward Christmas party. Hope you enjoyed the tour. Maybe you could come visit and see it all in person next year.

1 comment:

Therese said...

oh my. this is why i have never been called to serve on an activities committee. i just don't have what it takes.