Here's the story.

All morning Jason and I were running around and I had choir practice at 10. I had to go visit teach at 11 (Jason was already at the church for tithing settlement). So as I was pilling the kids in the car they start asking for some candy that was in the car for my visiting teachees. I was running late (it is 11:15 by now) so I was frustrated. I told them they just had breakfast, no candy. Then Breanna informed me that they never got breakfast! What kind of mom just doesn't feed her kids. Well they ended up having candy for breakfast and didn't get lunch until 12:30. I am a great mom huh.
Then right after I found out I didn't feed them, I shut my thumb in my car door. At first I just looked at it and thought "how did that happen". I pulled on it and it was completely stuck. I panicked and finally decided I better open the door. Imediately I felt this intense pain shooting from my finger. I thought I better set an example for my children and not shed tears though.
But since I wanted to scream out loud and I was holding it all in, I was a bit crazy and all I could think about was the pain. I was unaware of my mumblings and crazy talk at the time. In my mind I was telling the kids that I would lose my thumb nail because it was turning black. But what I actually said to them was that my thumb (not thumbnail) was going to fall off.
Poor Josh was beside himself with worry. He didn't talk for about an hour and was on the verge of tears. I asked him what was wrong and he said he felt bad about my thumb. I told him (once I got some pain meds and ice) it was no big deal and that it was only my thumb (I guess I didn't say thumb NAIL once again). He looked even more upset and started to quietly cry. It took several minutes for me to figure out what I had told my poor children.
Can you imagine if you thought your mom's thumb was going to fall off because it was smashed in the door.
This picture doesn't do it justice. My thumb is killing me! I hope it isn't boken.
1 comment:
That is awful, I am so sorry that happend. I will say this, I fear my kids would cry because of the profanity that was used when my finger was stuck in the car door.
I hope it heals okay.
Post a Comment