Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day I had the great privilege of speaking in church. I'm pretty sure that should be against the rules, making a mom speak on mother's day. But nevertheless, I had that great honor.

Actually, funny thing is, the week before I was sitting in Sacrament meeting and I had a thought about having to speak the next week for Mother's day and I was thinking about what I would say (I haven't spoken in six years, so this IS NOT normal for me to think about speaking). I kind of ignored the thought because I figured they would give at least two weeks notice. Later that day one of the bishopric members came and asked if I would speak on the joy of womanhood. I'm pretty sure my face was pretty funny. I was so shocked because I had just been thinking about it. I guess I was supposed to speak. :)

It went well and I am glad to have done it, even more glad to have it over with.

After church Jason made me a fabulous dinner, homemade chicken taquitos, black beans and a salad. He did a really good job, I was quite impressed how well he followed the recipe. He only does BBQ and breakfast, so this was quite a stretch for him and I really appreciated it.

I love mother's day!



Doesn't it look yummy!

No comments: