Thursday, December 13, 2007

Friends

As Jason can tell you, I have been a bit overwhelmed lately and rather a Grinch. I have been away from the house due to appointments, the kids school, working on teacher gifts, etc). The laundry has been piled high, the kitchen floor has sticky gunk all over it (I have been making cookie dough and sugar cookies by the hundreds), the bathrooms have, well you know how bathrooms get with young sons, the carpets need to be vaccuumed, etc. I'm sure you get the picture and I know so many of you are feeling the same way.

Anyway, yesterday, while I should have been getting my house cleaned, I had a nice lunch with three of my good friends. They took me out to eat for my birthday. They also gave me some really nice gifts. These three ladies are the first three friends I made here in Keller. They were in my ward (two wards ago). Now I don't see them as often because I don't see them at church. But it is very nice that they still make an effort to get together.

This little lunch made all the difference to my Grinchiness. It is nice to have great friends, to take care of each other, especially when you don't have family around to do it. Thanks, Jennifer, Laurie and Tricia!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Crawford said...

Thanks for having a birthday so we can have lunch! We really need to do it more often! Hope to see you during the holidays!