Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas at the Corry's

Things are winding down here at our house after a couple of great days. On the 24th we took the kids to a movie (our Christmas eve tradition). We saw National Treasure. It was a fun, entertaining movie, which we would recommend to anyone who just wants some good clean entertainment.

That night we had a fun time eating our Christmas meal, opening Christmas PJ's, reading the Christmas story from the scriptures, having a Christmas karaoke night, and driving around the area looking at lights.

If you are wondering about the karaoke, Breanna got a karaoke machine for her birthday. We bought a Christmas karaoke CD and have had some fun with it. Breanna is really quite the little actress I must admit. She really likes to be the star of the show most of the time. She definitely gets that from her dad. Here's just a glimpse of the talent that we have in our family :) It is dark, but I think you can get the idea.

That night, Joshua was doing everything in his power to go to sleep early. We tried to keep the kids up until at least 9 PM so they could sleep in a bit. We should have known better because Joshua was just way too excited to sleep, as he is every year. He woke up at 3 AM and we found him pacing our room waiting for us to wake up to go see Santa's gifts. We made him lay down but he didn't go back to sleep. Finally just after 5:00 I took him down to see what Santa brought. By Christmas evening he was one exhausted boy.

Breanna slept like a log and she finally woke up around 6:30. She definitely gets that from me.

We spent the rest of the day opening presents, playing video games, playing card games, watching movies, eating, and basically being lazy and loving every second of it.

Anyway, we had a great day and feel very blessed and lucky to have had so many wonderful gifts. Thanks to all who helped in our wonderful Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The talent just never ends. I wish I could have heard the sound on this one.

Jennifer Crawford said...

It looks like you guys had a good Christmas! Hope all is well- I love the doll bed and might had to copy it sometime in the future- with a little guidance I'm sure!