A couple of years ago Joshua had a school project about the book "Flat Stanley". Each of the kids had to make a Flat Stanley (the main character from the book) and send him in the mail to someone outside of Texas. That person had to take a picture of Stanley and send it back so everyone could see where Stanley had traveled. We sent Stanley to Denmark (and to Grandma Corry in Utah). Brian and Johannes (Brian's son) took Stanley all over the beautiful areas of Denmark (I believe it was in Cophenhagen) and took several pictures of Stanley. It was great and it was also the furthest that any Flat Stanley got sent in the entire 1st grade. Brian went way beyond our expectations.
Well not a month ago Joshua decided that he wanted to start collecting coins from different countries. Jason had a couple from England that he got on his mission. We thought if we asked Brian to send us a couple from Denmark that would be cool. A week later Brian sent seven Danish coins, PLUS, 42 other coins from Iceland, Norway, Sweden, England, Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Euros from France, Italy, Spain, Holland Etc.
Not only did he send these coins, he mounted them on paper and drew a map where each of the coins came from. Now if this isn't going over and beyond what was asked, I don't know what is.
When Joshua got this in the mail he was jumping up and down and he kept saying, "I just don't know how I am ever going to thank Uncle Brian." He was absolutely thrilled. So, this is our attmept at thanking him.
THANK YOU UNCLE BRIAN!!!
3 comments:
i have some coins from australia and dubai. would joshua be interested? email me your address.
I think I have an old Indian head nickel I have been wondering what I should do with. Would Joshua be interested in that? I know Grandma Norman has several old coins including a half penny in the original coin purse they were kept in. Next time you are in Utah you should ask to see them.
Brian is the best brother.....
Post a Comment