Sunday, December 16, 2007

It finally happened

A special event happened in our household yesterday evening. While we were at our ward Christmas party, eating the ham and rolls, our lovely little daughter came running over to us (she was eating at a childs table) holding up her first lost tooth.

She is the only one in her 1st grade class who hadn't lost a tooth, and she has been bothered by that for some time now.

I will say she is quite silly though. We wanted her to hold up her lost tooth for a picture, and she said, "that just grosses me out". A few moments before she had it in her mouth and couldn't stop wiggling it. But, the second it comes out, it is just too gross to hold (Jason is holding it up in the picture).

Bree wanted to write a letter to the tooth fairy asking if she could keep her tooth rather than the tooth fairy taking it. This is the letter she composed:

Dear Tooth Fairy,
I kinda want to keep my tooth. Can I?
Answer ____yes
____no
Love,
Breanna
I thought it was a cute letter.
Anyway, this is a sure sign that we are getting old. Our children are growing up on us, and there isn't a thing we can do about it. I guess all we can do is enjoy them at every stage of life.

Bree showing her new gap in her mouth


1 comment:

Jennifer Crawford said...

Happy Birthday- we pulled away tonight after dropping off the Christmas gift and totally forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday! Also I loved the haircut- it actually turned out pretty cute even though you were so nervous! Hope you had a great day!