Josh has been practicing a song called "The Nativity Song" from the primary hymn book for about 1 1/2 months preparing for a piano recital. He was a trooper trying to get this song down. I was very sceptical that he would actually learn it because it was rather difficult. It was extremely frustrating at times for him but he never felt that it was too hard.
Finally the day of the recital came and Joshua had learned his piece really well. All day Saturday though, Joshua was teary eyed because he was so nervous about having to perform this song. I was getting really nervous for him too.
We went to the recital and Joshua had red, nervous eyes. When it was Joshua's turn he got up there and played it so well. I really couldn't believe it with how nervous he had been. Well, unfortunatly, the lady next to me had a baby that started bawling right at the beggining of the song. The song is short so even though the lady tried to get her baby to stop, the crying lasted for a good portion of the song. So here is the recital, try to ignore the baby crying. (You might have to go to our "Christmas activities" post to turn off the music playing in the background on our slideshow. Just click on the volume sign in the bottom left hand corned twice. You can then hear Joshua's recital piece).
Also, I said I would send a picture of our family dressed up at the nativity display we went to last week. Here it is:

No comments:
Post a Comment