Saturday, December 15, 2007

My sweet hubby

Yesterday Jason took the day off just for me. Since my birthday falls on a Sunday and we don't go out on Sundays, he decided to take the whole day off to hang out with me. We had all these great plans of a nice lunch and lots of shopping.

Friday morning I remembered I had to grab some things from Wal Mart, so Jason sweetly agreed to come with me. This ended up being our "shopping" for the day. Yippee for Wal Mart.

Thursday night, Breanna, using her big tears and sad weepy voice, convinced us that we needed to have lunch with her at her school on Friday (since I had apparently forgotten I was supposed to have lunch with her that day). We obviously couldn't turn down the tears and such, so we sat with Breanna at her table while she ate her lunch (this took until 11:20).

Well I also thought it would be a good day to have my hair cut. The only appointment time was 12:30. I figured it would take 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. 1 hour and 15 later (Jason waited in the car because he didn't want to hang out inside) I came out with my hair a couple of inches shorter.

By this time, our really nice lunch was out of the picture because we had to pick the kids up from school at 3:00 and it took 1/2 an hour to get home. We did quickly stop and grab a bite to eat, but it was rushed, and it was not the nice sit down restaurant that we had planned.

So our fun day of eating and shopping (not Wal Mart shopping) wasn't quite what we had imagined, but Jason never complained once (not even about waiting in the car for 75 minutes). He really is a great husband. Jason, thanks for the day and the time we got to spend together.

No comments: