Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I take it back!


OK, I must take back what I said about wanting Joshua to be a little more vocal and be a more "typical" 9 year old. I am so glad he is just the way he is.

Let me explain why I say this. Yesterday was cub scouts. I am the bear den leader and we have meetings at my house every Tuesday. We have a group of 8 boys (nine starting next week). They are a challenge sometimes and roudy all the time, but I'm pretty sure yesterday was the first day I wanted to strangle them. (You need to understand that when I say "them", this doesn't include Joshua or Avery, a terribly shy young man, who are both very quiet).

Yesterday we were making rain guages out of 2 liter soda bottles. The entire time I was trying to talk and explain how to make the rain guages the boys were busy hitting each other with the bottles, throwing the caps at each other, throwing the bottle across the room, jumping on each other and yelling to the top of their lungs. Also, they thought it was fine to sit on my kitchen table. I asked them to get off the table atleast 5 different times. They obviously didn't hear or just chose to ignore me because they just kept getting back on a few minutes after they got off. This went on for about 20 minutes and I was finally to the end of my rope. I yelled at them and sent them outside to beat each other up. They were more than happy to do it too.

I was embarassed about yelling, which I really try not to do, and kept apologizing to my assistant den leader. She said it was no problem but she was probably a bit taken back by my bit of hysterics.

I must say I am way too spoiled by having a "not so typical" son who actually listens to me and obeys. I guess the Lord decided I needed a child like him because I don't have the patience otherwise.

Jason's mom has told me several times that she cursed Jason with 10 kids just like him (I think she felt like strangling him a few times when he was young). Thank heavens that didn't happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the situation you described Jason would have been the leader of the pack. I love Jason and he has certainly settled down and doing a wonderful job with his own children but I must admit he was a challenge for me. I don't think it was all Jason however. I think it was more to do with having two boys 18 months apart. What Jason didn't think of Drew did. --Gin