Saturday, February 16, 2008

One reason I adore Jason

I could write a whole list of reasons that I love my husband. I think we all have those lists and many of the reasons might be the same. For example, a good sense of humor, hard working, righteous, great dad, etc., etc.

I believe I have a unique reason to love Jason. This reason is that he is the best vomit catcher on this side of the planet. I have mentioned I have a slight phobia of throw up (OK there isn't anything slight about it, it is severe) and I'm pretty sure I am the worst mom when it comes to this subject. I can nurture with the best of them when it comes to colds, fevers, pnemonia, injuries, etc. But if there is any vomit involved, I crumble. Don't ask me why, I've been this way as long as I can remember.

But luckily, I was blessed with a husband that doesn't bat an eyelash when it comes to throw up. I don't know that I can count how many times he has been thrown up on. Me, never have I been close to being thrown up on because I run away. Yes, I run away from it. Luckily, Jason has always been close by.

I bring this up because Breanna wasn't feeling well after school yesterday. She was running a fever (again) and wouldn't eat. Jason volunteered to sleep by her. At about 10 :34 PM. Jason came upstairs holding Breanna to put her in the shower because she threw up all over. He showered her, washed the blankets, pillows and stuffed animals all while I stayed in bed. This morning I went to check on them and he had done three loads of laundry last night and cleaned everything up.

I know, I am one lucky woman!!!

P.S. Breanna seems to be just fine this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your posts are interesting. What a treasure you are leaving for your children. I think you are a great wife and mother. I am so glad Jason found you.

Anonymous said...

It was your mother-in-law for that last posting but I can't figure out how to get my name in there.