Friday, February 8, 2008

Go Tigers!


Jason has always been a HUGE fan of the Detroit Tigers. I think this originated from his dad calling him tiger when he was young (I could be wrong but it sounds nice). He loves the Tigers so much that our son almost had Tiger as his middle name. I am totally serious about this too. Jason thought it would be so cool if his son was Joshua Tiger Corry. I actually thought it was kind of cute if an odd way, but I wasn't sure I wanted it to be permanent. Jason tried his hardest to convince me so my only argument was this:

"Jason, if you can get up in front of the whole ward and feel good about blessing our son with the name Joshua Tiger Corry, then so be it and more power to you." I knew this would get him because Jason just wouldn't want to explain this to every member of the ward and family members too. I have to admit that on Joshua's blessing day I was a tiny bit nervous that he would get the nerve and name him Tiger anyway. He didn't thank goodness.

Anyway, Jason couldn't have been happier when Joshua was put on the Tigers baseball team last year. Jason got a new hat, a t-shirt (he helped coach), and even gave Breanna a hat.

Well it just keeps getting better. Breanna's basketball team she is playing on now is called the Tigers. And we just found out last night that her spring soccer team is named the Tigerlillies. I know that is pushing it but hey it is a girl soccer team so I thought it was appropriate.

Jason is just thrilled for both of his little "Tigers".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It comes from when Jason was a baby and his dad called him Tiger. If you remember Jason's one year picture he is in an outfit that says "Tiger" on it. So now we have a generational Tiger thing going.