One of Breanna's favorite lines when she is sad about something is "but it is my favorite....". Let me illustrate what I mean. One day we were taking a bike ride. She accidentally fell over. Because her ego was hurt and she was embarassed, she started crying. I asked if she was Ok and she told me that her leg was hurt (it really wasn't). I told her I was sorry and she would be OK. She immediately sobbed, "but it is my favorite leg, mom." I had no idea she had a favorite leg, but she cried for a very long time over that favorite leg being hurt.
Another time while I was fixing her hair in the morning I accidentally got some hairspray mist in her eye. She immediately started crying. Again I appologized (I seem to do that a lot with my kids) and said it would be better soon. Her whimpering reply, "But it is my favorite eye." I guess it made it worse that it was the eye that she really loved the best.
Finally, this example is sweet. On Monday night we had family home evening with the kids and we broke the news about President Hinckley's passing. Both kids started crying instantly. We tried our best to console their sobs. Then Breanna said, "But he was my favorite prophet". I realize he is the only prophet she has ever known, but I think her words were probably on many people's lips when they heard about President Hinckley. Breanna just said what many people were thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment