Monday, December 6, 2010

Angel Fire, NM


I haven't had time to post much lately, but I thought I should at least post about our Thanksgiving.

We drove 11 hours to Angel Fire NM, to meet my sister, Kris and her family (they are from Colorado) at a cabin in the mountains. Angel Fire is a small ski resort town (very small) about 45 minutes from Taos.

We rented a cabin and spent Tuesday through Saturday there. I must say, I have become a fair weather lover and am a total wimp in the cold now. The highs were in the low 30s and the lows were around 2 degrees. I (and my children) weren't too keen on spending a lot of time out in the cold, so we holed up in our cabin pretty much the entire time.

The ski resort wasn't open until Dec 1 so we couldn't go sledding like we had planned. Also, we drove to Taos to see the Indian pueblos the day after Thanksgiving. We drove 45 minutes just to find out they decided to close the pueblos for the day (no explanation or anything). I must say, I was quite disappointed that our plans didn't seem to work out.

The kids had a blast with their cousins though. They never complained about having something to do. Jason got a lot of football in, and I watched a years worth of HGTV (since we don't have cable).

Despite the disappointments concerning things to do, it was a nice break.
We woke up to a few inches of snow Thanksgiving morning.

The kids showing us their ice sickles outside the cabin.

Playing on a upturned tree.





Emily, Abbie, and Bree

Our trip to Taos.

No comments: