Wednesday, December 15, 2010

If you've ever wondered if melted plastic stinks....

YES IT DOES.

I know first hand. Yesterday morning I was cooking eggs for breakfast. As I was patiently waiting for the egg to cook (it was taking forever), I smelled something horrible. I looked over and saw white smoke billowing on my stove. I quickly ran over and found that in my hurry to get the egg cooked, I had turned on the wrong burner. I had actually turned on the back burner where my nice tupperware container was sitting with muffins in it. (I really love that container too:( So I quickly turned on the fan and opened the door before the fire alarm went off.
Man, it stunk so badly! Poor Bree kept saying she couldn't eat her breakfast and she was going to throw up it smelled so awful. She was very excited to go to school yesterday morning.
Josh just felt bad that the muffins were thrown away.
I am just mad because I don't know how to get white, now solidified plastic off my burner. I have to buy new drip pans because that one was history, but you can't just run to the store and buy a burner. UGGHHH!

The sad part is, I have been known to burn things on the stove before. I actually got an award in college for trying to burn down our dorms because I left potatoes on the stove. That pan had a hole in it too.

2 comments:

Johanna Markworth said...

Brings back memories! xoxo

lisa said...

I totally remember that day! Potatoes wasn't it? That popped into my head the moment I started reading this. Thanks! :)