Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gingerbread houses

Every year we make gingerbread houses. Many years, when I have too many things to do, I just buy the pre-made houses. But this year I was more ambitious and I made them from scratch.

I decided to add a bit of change to the usual house and I made one of the houses into a log cabin. Josh loved it and decided that he wanted to decorate that house. Bree was a good sport and took the plain house.

Let me take you on a house tour for both houses. This is the log cabin before the decorating happened.

Joshua always adds his touch of imagination to our houses. This year he added an alien spaceship flying a Santa flag. Apparently Santa is an alien in Joshua's mind, so there is no need for reindeer or a sleigh.

Santa (the alien) got stuck going down the chimney. So sad for him.

If you look closely on your left, there is a mutant stink bug (who makes its way onto every gingerbread house we have ever made). All around the stink but are his evil minions (that is what Josh said, not me). There are several other features that I can't remember what they are exactly, but trust me, they are just as crazy as the alien Santa and mutant stink bug.

Finally, I wanted to show the chimney that I made (I stole the idea from my sister Kris) and stack of logs on the side. Yes I did add some decorating flair to this house, while Josh added all the creativity.

Now for Breanna's house.


Bree really stuck to the red and green theme. I'm pretty sure she used all the red and green candy we had on her roof. I like it.


Here is what Bree referred to as the "march of the Santas". Who knows what she was thinking? Once again though, I like it.


Finally, you might be wondering if Jason participated at all. Yes, of course, in a very Jason way. All he made all night was this melting snowman who happens to be spewing up his lunch (I have tried to figure out what snowmen eat that is yellow, but I haven't come up with anything).

So there you have it, the tour of the Corry gingerbread houses. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: