
Several months ago our wonderful pooch decided that she wanted to eat our wall. I'm not sure why, but we found her gnawing on it one day and as you can imagine we weren't too pleased with her that day.
We weren't sure how to remedy the problem so I called my fix-it-all sister, Kris and she came up with a solution for us. She told us to cover it with bead board and paint it.
Here is the before picture.

Here is the after.
AAAGGGHHHH!!!! I know, it is awful. It looks like a barn. I was going to put a brown wash to make it darker but I just knew I couldn't live with the red even if it was darker. (To be fair, the picture makes it look way brighter than it really was). So we went back to Home Depot and went with a safer green color.


Weird how the different angles make it look like a different color, but it is the same. The color is kind of in between the two pictures in real life. You get the idea hopefully. Doesn't the bead board look awesome. Thanks for the suggestion Kris.

While we were at it, we repainted the back wall the same green color. I've been meaning to do this for a few years now (since we got out couches), but I was too lazy. This just got me motivated. (It was a more sage green before and it didn't match the olive couches).
I am really happy with the outcome and I love the bead board. It gave the room a bit more character.
2 comments:
Wow, beautiful job. Glad you had a great Christmas, we love all your Christmas traditions.
Becky...that looks amazing. I love the color! Hope you are all doing great. Ran into your mom a month or so ago, and she said maybe in July you are coming? We would love to have your family over. Let us know!
Post a Comment