Another reason she went back was because our children were scared of her. She was a dog that had way too much energy so when someone went to play with her, she jumped all over them. Unfortunately, she was too big for Breanna and tended to knock her over every once in a while. This lead to Breanna's fear of the beast. Hence, she had to be returned.
With all this said, I still feel bad for her having to go back to the pound. I cried most of the day when Jason took her back. The kids cried for about 10 minutes. And I think Jason even felt a bit sad too. I really hope a good family will adopt her and enjoy her. But in order for my conscience to be eased, I felt I better do a small tribute to Aggie, the beast, Corry. Here goes.
Aggie, the beast, was full of fun.
Her best quality was she LOVED to run.
Jason and I took her running each day.
She dragged me behind her the entire way.
When we finally got home and I was all done.
Aggie's full energy had only begun.
Shoes, sprinklers, grills, and a toy,
Were on her list of things to destroy.
All day long she darted around
chasing birds, rats (yes rats), whatever she found.
Rolling in stink and rotting pests
These were the days that she liked best.
Aggie was funny, but ever my bane
Pulling silly faces on the back door pane.
Slobber and slime ran down the door
But the kids always giggled and wanted some more.
I hope she is happy in her new home
And has an acre or more where she can roam.
Goodbye our mangy mutt.
Ok, I never said I was good at poetry, I don't even feel bad about it either. So just grin and bear it and I'll try never to do it again.
1 comment:
Hey Becky! We've had nothing but bad luck with dogs...until now, I hope. We just adopted a standard poodle and so far she has been wonderful! We were lucky because she is already trained. I highly recommend poodles-- they really are so smart!
Good luck finding a good doggie when you're ready!
Post a Comment