
After running temperatures up to 104 degrees and no sign of getting better, I decided to get Breanna into the doctor. While in the doctor's office they swabbed her nose (which Breanna didn't like) and the test came back positive for influenza B. There isn't much we can do for her at this point besides just giving her motrin and pushing fluids until the fever drops on its own. She can't return to school until atleast next week.
I asked the doctor why the flu shot Breanna got in the fall didn't work. Her doctor said he has seen a lot of cases of flu this year even among those who have had the flu shot. He said he questioned the effectiveness of the flu shot this year. He also said to get the flu mist for the kids next year because it is about 50% more effective than the shot.
Well Breanna is taking the doctor's advise by resting and relaxing. I kind of think she is enjoying it a bit too much. She just lays on the couch while she watches TV. Then she has me combing her hair, laying by her so she won't be lonely, and her favorite thing, rubbing her feet. I've spent hours rubbing lotion on her little tootsies. She is a silly little thing. I haven't been able to get much done really. Oh well, what are moms for?
She still isn't eating but the doctor wasn't too concerned about that because she is drinking quite well. I can't wait for my energetic little fireball to get better.
1 comment:
This is interesting. We have had the lightness flu season in years and the hardest winter. I have not become aware of anyone around here who had the flu shot and got the flu. What ones have had the flu negelected to get their shot. Could there be that much difference according to regions?
Post a Comment