Thursday, January 31, 2008

Was that a compliment?

As women we love compliments, especially from our husbands. Jason does a fairly good job in the compliment area..., usually. However, there are times I wonder what he is thinking.

Take for instance the other night the kids and Jason were watching one of their favorite movies, Scooby Doo 2. Yeah this movie isn't going to win any awards, but the kids love it. Breanna even knows it line for line (she has watched it twice in the last two days while being sick).

Anyway, while Jason and the kids were watching this movie I was doing my thing in the kitchen. I overheard Jason say to the kids, "she reminds me of mom, she's hot!" I thought, "really, I remind him of Daphne? I don't look much like her but she is pretty cool. She's tough and does a lot of kung foo kicks, she dresses nicely, has a good body and she is the same gal that plays Buffy the vampire slayer."

So I said to him, "I remind you of Daphne?"

He replied, "No, you remind me of Velma!"

What? Have you all seen Velma in her orange outfit, glasses, ugly hair and always saying "Jinkies" in her annoying voice? What was Jason thinking?

He quickly explained that he thought she was way sexier than Daphne and that she was the brainy one with brown hair and brown eyes. All I could say was, "Oh."

So I'm not sure, was that a compliment or not? Which would you rather be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen Scooby Doo 2 but I think you are as beautiful and intellegent as they get so you must have the best qualities of each one. Your a winner all the way around.