On the rare occasion that I tell him to go pick out something to wear, he comes back with things such as camouflage pants and a neon green t-shirt. When I tell him it doesn't match, he tells me they both have green in them, so what is the big deal.
Another time he asked why people combed their hair. He just thought it wasted so much time. He is what I consider an extremely low maintenance child.
So, it came as quite a surprise last month when I told him he needed a haircut and he flat out told me, "no". He wanted his hair long. Because he has never shown any opinion in the matter I was a bit shocked to say the least. Jason and I talked it over and we decided that he could keep his hair how he wants as long as it is within reason.
For the next month his hair was looking more and more like a mop. I tried my best to blow it off and let him have the one thing he has ever asked of us concerning his appearance. Finally however, I had to take a stand. So last night I took the clippers to the back of his hair (I didn't touch the top) just so it didn't look so mangy.
What do you think? Should I have let him keep growing it or is it OK to put my foot down here.
2 comments:
This was very funny because Noah is going through this same phase- wants it long- I insisted today that he finally get it cut- he compromised and cut the sides and back and left the top long! We'll see how long I can stand that!
Watch out! I would like to remind Jason what we went through with the long hair choice. Joshua looks good now. I wouldn't worry until he has to have it permed or branded. Jason did both.
Post a Comment