Monday, May 26, 2008

Are we insane?

Today Jason was home for the Memorial day holiday so we wanted to do something special for the kids. Well, what do most Texans do when it is 95 degrees with 79% humidity outside? They go swimming of course. We did think about taking the kids to one of our neighborhood pools but we decided to do something more fun (I guess we aren't true Texans)!

We rode our bikes to the neighborhood tennis court and played tennis in the full sun, middle of the day heat. By the way, none of us know how to play tennis, so it was quite the sight. We were just doing our best to volley the ball back and forth more than once. No one can accuse us of not trying though.

















Then we rode our bikes to a new little snow cone place. Well wouldn't you know it, they were closed. We were all very disappointed and very thirsty and very hot.

By the time we got home we were all drenched in sweat, sunburned and red faced. I'm pretty sure we are INSANE and I'm also pretty sure we will all sleep well tonight.
















P.S. I am 34 years old and for mother's day I got my very first new bike ever. I did have a cute red, floral banana seated, hand me down bike when I was young, but this was my first new bike ever.

No comments: