Sunday, May 4, 2008

dinner


I was browsing some of my friends' blogs and I have noticed that they are really great women. Not because they are such great moms, which they are, not because they are amazing wives, which they are, but because they are great cooks. There are a few of these ladies that amaze me. They put on gourmet meals every night practically. I'm talking three course meals here, people, all from scratch.

It made me reflect on my own talents in the kitchen. I realized I fall short in this area, very short. Here is a menu from last week to illustrate:
  • Monday-sloppy joes and frozen broccoli
  • Tues-leftovers or cereal, take your pick (everyone chose cereal)
  • Wed-Chili and corn bread (the only meal that I actually made any effort, and it was 85 degrees outside- what was I thinking)
  • Thursday-leftovers or cereal, take your pick (everyone except Jason chose cereal)
  • Friday- High Priest group party, didn't have to cook (the kids went to a friends house and had pizza)
  • Saturday- ward spaghetti dinner, didn't have to cook
  • Today- cereal (Have you noticed a trend with the cereal? You can never have enough good cereal around).

Yeah that is PATHETIC!!!

The best thing about it is my children still think I am the best cook in the world. Joshua is always telling me that my food is the best ever. Oh that poor, poor child. I guess it is good that he is still sweet and naive huh. I better enjoy it while it lasts.

3 comments:

Corry's said...

Now Beck, your faulty assumption is that your family doesn't enjoy cereal. In fact, that is what we prefer.
When given the choice, Josh, Bree, and I all would choose cereal over almost anything else.
Besides, it's fortified with essential vitamins and minerals. What more could any Mom (or wife) ask for?
--J

Anonymous said...

Jason, do you want cereal because it is extra yummy, or because it beats Becky's cooking?

Corry's said...

Yeah, anonymous, good question! Jase, what do you have to say for yourself?