About three years ago Jason decided one Friday night to let me have a nice sleep filled night (I was becoming an insomniac at the time) and have a special pj party with the kids. The kids got to pick where they would sleep anywhere in our house or camp in the backyard and they would watch a movie or read or whatever. Well that was so successful and the kids loved doing it so much that Jason decided that he would do it every Friday for the kids.
I'm not sure how it happened, but those Friday night pj parties turned into Friday and Saturday night pj parties. So, for the last three years Jason has had these sleepovers with the kids every single weekend.
Poor Jason, he wakes up with numb arms from the kids laying on them all night, or a cramp in his back from sleeping on our uncomfortable hide-a-bed, or very little sleep from a daughter who loves to sleep sideways and kick her feet around, or a strained neck from sleeping in one position on the floor all night because both kids squish him and he can't move, or several mosquito bites from sleeping outside.
I think, "oh poor Jason." But if you asked Jason about these sleepovers, I'm pretty sure he couldn't think of a bad thing to say. And there is no way the kids would let these pj parties go.
I sure hope our kids know how lucky they are to have such a great dad.
I'm not sure how it happened, but those Friday night pj parties turned into Friday and Saturday night pj parties. So, for the last three years Jason has had these sleepovers with the kids every single weekend.
Poor Jason, he wakes up with numb arms from the kids laying on them all night, or a cramp in his back from sleeping on our uncomfortable hide-a-bed, or very little sleep from a daughter who loves to sleep sideways and kick her feet around, or a strained neck from sleeping in one position on the floor all night because both kids squish him and he can't move, or several mosquito bites from sleeping outside.
I think, "oh poor Jason." But if you asked Jason about these sleepovers, I'm pretty sure he couldn't think of a bad thing to say. And there is no way the kids would let these pj parties go.
I sure hope our kids know how lucky they are to have such a great dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment