Thursday, May 1, 2008

PTA women


I just want to vent for a moment about how absolutely crazy some women are. I was asked at the beginning of the year to be the room mom in Joshua's class (we just help the teacher with parties, copies, cutting, etc) . I was happy to help, but I must say, I was his room mom in kindergarten, and after this experience I was a bit worried about all the other room moms. I wasn't worried that I would have to plan everything and would have a bunch of junk dumped on me because the other room moms just were flat out lazy. OH NO, it is opposite. These women (not all, but there are those select few) are insane! They don't go the extra mile, they go 10 extra plus 2. It drives me nuts.


I was at a meeting for room moms the other day and it took forever to get through the agenda because these crazy moms. There were two that would have loved to put a clamp on their mouths. They kept coming up with more and more things that we should be doing for our teachers. I'm not sure if they were just overly enthusiastic or if they were competing for some prize as room mom of the year. (I would definitely be the bottom on that list). I finally left early just so I could excape these women.
Another mom called me later to see if I felt as overwhelmed as she was and why "those" women kept adding things for us to do. I was glad to hear I wasn't the only one with those feelings. They give PTA a bad name :)

No comments: