Saturday, May 17, 2008

field day

This has been a busy but unexciting week. It seems like May is the craziest month for us. With school winding down, soccer ending, Joshua's birthday and summer peeking around the corner, we just don't seem to have much time to relax.

Yesterday was the kids' field day at school. I felt like I had better be there for Joshua's class not only because I am the room mom for that class but more importantly, with all the running they do, I thought I better go in case Joshua's blood sugar went low. I didn't want the teacher to have to stop all the activities just to take care of him.

Breanna knew that I would be there for Joshua's activities in the afternoon and asked if I was going to go watch her in the morning. How could I say no? So I got to spend most of my day watching kids play games and run around. Besides the sun burn I got on my head and neck (I actually remembered sunscreen on my face) it was fun watching them play.

Here are the kids in action:

This picture is of Breanna and her two best buddies at school, Erica and Lael. Huh, no wonder she has a complex about being a bit on the petite side :).




























Early in the week I helped Joshua's class tie dye shirts for their field day. Poor Joshua had a shirt that was small to start with but then shrunk even more after it got washed twice. It was a rather snug fit on him, but he didn't seem to be too bothered.

Breanna crashed on the couch at Joshua's piano lessons right after school. I guess she was burned out. I felt badly having to wake her up at the end of the lesson. I guess it was just a fun, exhausting day for the kids.

No comments: