Yesterday was Jason's 36th birthday. Wow is he getting old! (OK, so I'm not far behind, I know). But really he is as healthy as a 20 year old. He just had his cholesterol checked a week ago and it was 122! I don't know that I've heard of such low cholesterol. I'm mighty happy he is healthy though.
We didn't do anything spectacular for his birthday but the kids made sweet cards for him, called him at work to sing to him, and we were able to take him out for Chinese food (which the kids didn't love, but that was expected). The kids also bought him a "deal or no deal" game that we played last night. Joshua won $1,000,000 by the way. Too bad it isn't real money huh.
I felt badly that he really didn't have anything amazing to do, but he is always a good sport and just loves hanging out with the family (and getting out of meetings at the church :)).
I did attempt to make him an ice cream cake (he requested it). I've never claimed to be a good cook so the end product was pretty pathetic. It was leaning to one side and looker rather unedible, but it did taste good. 
Overall, it was a nice quiet evening with the family and I think/hope Jason enjoyed his day.
I LOVE YOU JASON, Happy Birthday!!!
1 comment:
We tried to call last night to wish Jason a Happy Birthday and we were hoping he was out celebrating. There is nothing better than being with family even if they don't like Chinese food. At least they were willing to go because that is what Dad wanted on his birthday. - Grandma Corry
Post a Comment