Yesterday was the first class we had (it was supposed to be last Thursday but the snowstorm took its place instead). I must say that I was very impressed with every one of these kids (there were 11 of them). I really thought there would be a lot of goofing off because they were all friends. But, they were very well behaved and stayed on task the entire time. It actually made me really excited for the other classes.
Here are the younger kids: Savannah (at the top going clockwise), Breanna, Kaitlyn, Ethan, and Kate.
Here are the older boys: Joshua (at the top going clockwise), Jacob, Noah, Zachary, Braden, and Riley.
This first project was a watercolor resist or a oil pastel resist (I'm not sure of the technical name). Basically, they drew several bugs, and colored them with oil pastels. After that they painted blue watercolor over the whole paper.
These kids did a fabulous job. Really, I was impressed with what a good job they all did. Each of the picutes were individual and unique, which I was happy to see. I would have loved to take a picture of each of the projects, but unfortunately I didn't. Here are the pictures of Joshua's and Breanna's projects.
I will admit I have had a very hard time having the parents (my friends) pay me to do this class. I have been feeling very guilty about it. I guess in my warped mind I needed something to make myself feel better about doing this class. So, in an effort to ease my conscience, I made some butterfly sugar cookies for the kids. I guess I figure if the parents think this class is a rip off, at least their kids are getting yummy treats.
3 comments:
Please don't feel bad for charging- the boys had an AWESOME time. Please let me know if they do not BEHAVE! By the way the cookies were great- I want you icing recipe- I ended up sneaking a taste of both boys! Thanks for all your hard work!
I wish you lived in Utah. I would love to have the other grandchildren take it from you.
The projects were awesome Breanna and Joshua. Keep up the good work!
- Grandma Corry
Oooo! I want in! (if only for a cookie)...let me know if there's room & how much? Cody is almost 9.
Post a Comment