*First, after we had dinner we all went out to play a game of monkey in the middle (just a keep away type game). Breanna got mad because she had to be the monkey so she decided to attack Joshua. She pushed him down and was trying to clobber him. Now this is fairly normal behavior on Breanna's side so we didn't think much of it. Joshua didn't like to be beat up so he started to whimper. Jason, trying to be the mediator, said, "Breanna stop beating up your big brother."
For some reason this comment made Joshua really mad. He stood up and started running toward Jason. Jason thought Joshua was coming to get a hug and be consoled for being beat up by his little sister. Instead, Joshua ran to Jason and hit him hard in his side. Jason was so shocked by this move that he just kind of snickered. This infuriated Joshua even more so he backed up a bit and literally threw all his weight into Jason and tackled him to the ground.
She did eventually make it up on the seat and was able to use the bathroom, but I must say I had to smile over that little comment. Breanna is anything but subtle; she definitely says it as it is. I sure love her anyway.
For some reason this comment made Joshua really mad. He stood up and started running toward Jason. Jason thought Joshua was coming to get a hug and be consoled for being beat up by his little sister. Instead, Joshua ran to Jason and hit him hard in his side. Jason was so shocked by this move that he just kind of snickered. This infuriated Joshua even more so he backed up a bit and literally threw all his weight into Jason and tackled him to the ground.I guess most parents would discipline their children for this behavior. But Jason and I just didn't know how to react. It was so funny seeing Joshua get mad that we both started laughing. Well, that didn't make Joshua happy so he just started to cry (a much more normal behavior for Joshua when he is mad).
I guess we are starting to see that Joshua really does have a feisty side, it has just taken about 10 years to show up.
*Later in the evening Breanna asked me for a drink of water. As I was at the fridge getting her a drink she asked me a question out of the blue. "Mom, what is a bra?"
I don't think parents are ever really prepared to answer those types of questions. I kind of paused and stuttered as I tried to think of a correct way to explain this. Now Joshua was sitting there too, so I needed to give my answer in a way that he would understand too.
I started, "well, it's um, an article of clothing, that um, women must wear..."
I kept thinking to myself, "how am I going to finish this without sounding silly?"
I continued slowly, "to support, um, their boobs."
There, I said it. I know this isn't the correct term, but I was flustered and I wasn't prepared. What is a mom to do?
Well, Breanna looked at me with a very bored face and said, "Oh, so where's my water?"
So all that stress and she couldn't have cared less. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't even listen to my answer. Oh, the joys of parenthood.
*Finally, the kids were brushing their teeth last night, all the while Breanna is doing her "potty dance". I know this dance well and I see it quite often. She will deny it if I ask her if she needs to use the bathroom. She claims she is just happy and likes to dance. Yeah right, we all know our children well enough to recognize their potty dances.
Anyway, it was all Breanna could do to spit before she was running toward the toilet and immediately falling to her knees doing her sitting potty dance.
She exclaimed in a VERY disgusted voice, "Oh great, I'm just about to pee my pants and somebody left the seat up." (We obviously teach our children the proper terms for body parts and bodily functions really well. Sorry for any offense).
She did eventually make it up on the seat and was able to use the bathroom, but I must say I had to smile over that little comment. Breanna is anything but subtle; she definitely says it as it is. I sure love her anyway.
1 comment:
I love hearing this everyday events that go on in you life. It makes a grandma feel more like she is a part of the family. I do miss these children so much and feel like I don't have much of a chance to get to know them or them to know me. - Grandma Corry
Post a Comment