*Friday- We finally watched Pirates of the Caribean 2 (we are so behind the times). We all enjoyed it and are looking forward to watching the third one this weekend.
*Saturday-The kids both finished up their last basketball games of the season. They both really enjoyed it and are sad it is over. It was fun to see them both improve throughout the season.
Joshua has become a really good defender and hustles on that court. His team only had 5 players yesterday so he was exhausted after playing the whole time. His team has some really good ball handlers though and so they pulled off the win. We hope he gets on the same team next year because his coaches are really good to him.
Breanna played hard at basketball too, but was a bit tired after coming from her soccer game. This league also offers cheerleading for the girls too, but we didn't really give Breanna that option because all the cheerleaders do is a small one minute cheer at half time. Breanna definitely likes being in the middle of the action.
*Breanna's soccer game in the morning was fun to watch. Here are a few videos of her playing and some regular pictures also.
*We went to another Iron Chef competition. The ingredient was avocado. I made a mango avocado salsa which was fun since I haven't ever had mango before. There were some other i
nteresting foods like deep fried avocado and avocado springrolls but the item that was the most interesting was the avocado ice cream. Really the highlight of my night was saying I had tasted avocado ice cream. I don't know that I would ever recommend this to anyone but it was worth tasting.Since the salsa got first place I get to host next month. I really don't know that this is much of an award. I really am not much of a hostess. Oh well, I'm sure it will be fine. Now I just have to think of a fun ingredient.
2 comments:
Wow! Breanna you are a great ball handler. You are going to have so much fun playing soccer this year. I wish I could come to one of your games. - Grandma Corry
How fun! I love your Iron Chef avocado ideas. How about something bizarre like wasabi?
Post a Comment